Paid Media Specialist SEM (PPC)
- Full Time
- Paid Media
SmartBug’s Paid Media Specialist role is dedicated to delivering a deep level of expertise across all paid media channels. Not only does the Paid Media Specialist bring this area of expertise to bear across SmartBug client services on an as-needed basis, but the role also assists the Paid Media Manager with their direct book of clients. The Paid Media Specialist, also will be the primary backup for the Paid Media Manager on all accounts and will be client-facing on calls as needed.
As a specialist who both handles revenue and assists in delivering services and expertise to clients outside the role’s direct management, the Paid Media Specialist is responsible for
Paid Media Expertise:
- Developing, implementing, and leading the account’s paid media strategy for various channels including AdWords, Bing, YouTube and other third-party ad platforms.
- Defining important metrics for paid media performance.
- Running and overseeing paid media content.
- Effectively monitoring account budgetary goals.
- Measuring the success of every paid media campaign based on the performance of account KPIs.
- Staying up to date with latest paid media best practices and technologies.
- Effectively collaborating with internal team members servicing the account.
- Having a deep understanding of the client’s business, objectives, and current gaps.
- Ensuring the precise and seamless execution of account strategies.
- Actively identifying and removing barriers to success.
- Understanding at a high-level the marketing technology required to make plans successful while continually expanding on this knowledge as-needed.
- Actively researching and collecting data to help inform paid media strategies moving forward.
- The regular reporting on and monitoring of performance and optimization results.
- Driving client’s revenue growth through paid media strategies and tactics.
Rocking The Client Experience & Improving Client Retention:
As the main point of contact for directly assigned accounts, the Specialist, Paid Media SEM plays a key role in creating a client experience that rocks and improves client retention. The Specialist, Paid Media SEM works to meet the client’s revenue goals, while also providing a flawless client experience through:
- Operating as the back up point of contact for all matters specific to your Paid Media Manager’s assigned accounts
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Assisting with customer account management for directly assigned accounts, including negotiating contracts and agreements to improve profit; escalating to Director, Paid Media as needed.
- Developing trusted advisor relationships with key account contacts, customer stakeholders, and executive sponsors.
- Ensuring the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Assisting with internal stakeholders to provide the client weekly status updates and also providing monthly/quarterly updates on initiatives to internal and external team members.
- Working to resolve challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed.
- Educating the client on critical initiatives, strategies, execution best practices, or technology.
- Staying up-to-date with trends to help identify opportunities for the client.
- Communicating opportunities to improve the client experience with SmartBug leadership.
- Consistently driving value for our clients while effectively communicating that value both internally and externally.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in developing, implementing, and leading paid media strategy for various channels including AdWords, Bing, YouTube and other third-party ad platforms.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience with project management systems is preferred; experience with Teamwork is strongly preferred
- Proven relationship-building skills and communication experience
- Basic understanding of digital marketing outside of Paid Media
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Experience working remotely in similar roles is strongly preferred